Saturday, January 21, 2012


Broccoli Bacon Fritatta
    
Good morning.  I just finished enjoying this super yummy breakfast from our left over fritatta supper the other night.  Since removing sweeteners from my diet, I have switched to black coffee to which I had one heaping teaspoon of coconut cream, and it's delicious!!  Back to the fritatta.  I love fritattas because they are sooo easy and this is one supper that all my kids enjoy.  It's so simple to create many varieties of fritattas because you always start with the same simple base of onion, garlic and eggs.  You can used left over meat, veggies or sweet potatoes.  I used left over steamed broccoli from our previous nights supper and threw in some real bacon bits, and my kids raved that it was the best fritatta I have ever made.  Happy mom moment!!  So here the recipe.

1/2 Purple Onion Chopped
1 Tbsp minced garlic
1 Tbsp Coconut Oil
9 - 12 eggs
Dash of Almond milk
2 cups Steamed Broccoli
1/2 cup Bacon Bits

I heat up my coconut oil in my black wrought iron skillet and saute the onion and garlic.  Whisk your eggs and add a dash of Almond Milk or what ever you have on hand (heavy cream would be wonderful too!)  Add eggs to skillet stirring in the onion and garlic.  I add sea salt and ground pepper at this point.  Immediately stir in broccoli and bacon.  I topped mine with 1/2 cup Romano cheese, but this is optional.  Place skillet in oven preheated to 350 for 20 - 25 minutes.  I love to serve this dish with a large salad and apple slices.  



No comments:

Post a Comment