Friday, January 20, 2012


         Ok this is my last post today, I promise.  I have decided to try to stick to posting when I have a new  recipe discovery.  I will try to stick to this, but no promises.  The BIGGEST step for me on this paleo journey is ridding my diet completely of artificial sweeteners and ingredients.  I have always eaten a "clean" diet, but have been "fearful" of sugar and extra fat.  Since the beginning of my clean eating pursuit, I have used artificial sweetener believing this was saving me from the insulin spiking results of sugar, but I am learning now that I was so wrong.  I have eaten my fair share of "sugar free" foods.  Since going sugar free for real and adding in good fat, but body has been COMPLETELY free of cravings.  I can't even believe the difference in the way I feel.  My mind isn't wondering to food or my next meal.  When I am eating a good meal, I'm not thinking of wanting to more and more of it because it's so good.  I truly believe that there are people who are completely sensitive to grains, and eating them causes their bodies to want MORE of everything.


Ok, I told you  all this just to bring you my recipe for my Primal Barbecue Sauce.  It is all natural and SUPER yummy!!  Tonight I made grass fed Bison Burgers, with Coleslaw and my barbecue sauce.



My Primal Barbecue Sauce

1 Small Can Organic Tomato Paste
2 Tbsp White Balsamic Vinegar
1 Tbsp Raw Honey
1 Tbsp Melted Organic Coconut Oil
2 Tbsp Chili Powder
1/4 Cup Diced Purple Onion
1 Tbsp Minced Garlic (I have a HUGE jar of minced garlic in my fridge at ALL times!)
1 Tbsp Apple Liquid Smoke
1 Tsp Sea Salt

Primal Coleslaw
1 Bag Coleslaw
1 Bag Broccoli Slaw
1/2 Cup Sesame seeds
1/2 Cup Purple Onion
1/4 Cup White Balsamic Vinegar
1/4 Cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1 Tbsp Raw Honey

1 comment: