Friday, January 20, 2012

Snow Day!
It is freezing out today and we are looking to get anywhere from 4 - 8 inches before the nights done.  We are looking forward to a family gathering tomorrow night with my husbands cousins, my sister-in-law and my mother-in-law. There will be lots of food, but I am sure most of it is non paleo. I want to go prepared with my own delicious food, so that there will be no temptation.

I went to our local butcher and purchased some beef sticks.  They have more sodium than I prefer, but I don't make it habit of eating them often.  I also bought some pork rinds.  Who knew paleo eaters could enjoy these yummy "chips".  I would love to find a better quality brand, as I am sure these are not fried in coconut oil, but will due for our family game night.  I also made some homemade guacamole, which I have provided my recipe for.  So simple, but soo good!!  Ari, my 15 year old has also fallen in love with this recipe.


Guacamole
3 Ripe Avocados
1/2 cup Diced Purple Onion
2 tbsp Minced Garlic
1 tbsp Dried Cilantro
The Juice of one Lemon
Sea Salt to taste

Mash all your avocados with a fork, add in the rest of your ingredients, stir and enjoy!!  Store in air tight container in your refrigerator for up to one week.  Yummy.  I have a helping of this yummy fat with my eggs every morning.  Soon to come a recipe for Bison Taco Bowl that go perfectly with the yummy guac!

No comments:

Post a Comment