Friday, January 20, 2012

Primal Protein Bar


My Primal Protein Bar

I LOVE trying new recipe ideas out, and this bar turned out to be soooo good and is a perfect snack for the kids after school and for mom's post workout snack too!!  My 15 year old daughter Ari says I should package and sell them!!

1/2 cup Crunchy Almond Butter (Creamy is good too, I just love the little nut chunks!)
1/2 cup Unsweetened Apple Sauce
1/2 cup Raw Honey
1/2 cup Organic Unrefined Coconut Oil
1/2 cup 100% Cocoa Powder
1 cup 100% Whey Protein Isolate (this is the ONLY ingredient, there are no flavorings or added mess!)
3/4 cup Organic Coconut Flour
1/2 cup Organic Unsweetened Coconut (optional)
1 tsp Almond Extract

Combine all wet ingredients in a microwave safe bowl and microwave on high for 90 seconds.  Make sure coconut oil is melted and mix all wets ingredients thoroughly.
Combine all dry ingredients in mixing bowl.  Add wet ingredients to dry and begin mixing together.  Mixture will be thick.  If mixture seems to be too thick, you can add a dash of coconut milk to thin to preferred consistency.  Layer mixture into a 9 x 9 pan for thicker bars or into a bar pan for thinner bars. I then place the mixture in refrigerator for about an hour before cutting into squares.  I package each individual square into small snack bags and place all snack bags into a larger freezer bag and store in the freezer.  These bars a chewy right out of the freezer and taste AMAZING!!  

1 comment:

  1. You should make us hooters some! Can't wait to read more of your blogging. Congrats my friend.

    ReplyDelete